From brands such as Huggies® and Kleenex® to medical devices and workplace solutions, Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life. We hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries, but we’re not just changing diapers here. Our employees are changing the world for the better with innovative products that create new categories and push existing ones to a higher level. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The mission for the Global Director of Enterprise Data Management & Business Analytics is to expand the company’s use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. In conjunction with the global and regional business units, corporate functions, and the ITS leadership team, the position is responsible for transforming business analytics into solutions that provide actionable information to drives business growth, Customer and Consumer insights, as well as developing strategic working relationship between information systems and the business units supported within the organization.
The incumbent will direct and manage information based services that enable more timely and effective use of resources. The incumbent will also provide leadership and management for resources and tools that provide business-reporting, solution strategy for information delivery, data administration, data acquisition/integration, analytics, content management, master data management, and strategic development around “CPG big data” on an enterprise-wide basis.
The rapid changes and varieties in IT technologies and practices will require strategic insight and vision on how information can be used by K-C business units for Global, Regional, and local competitive advantage. The incumbent must also be extremely knowledgeable on the end-end end information provision process in a global multinational organization, as well as, the technical acumen to influence the vendor community and drive information delivery efficiency and effectiveness. The position also requires excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively communicate goals, plans and status.
The incumbent will be expected to lead multiple simultaneous initiatives with highly skilled teams; manages career development for team; coordinates the ongoing development of global IT plans, projects, and processes; maintains active working relationships with business unit leaders to ensure a high degree of alignment of IT resources to business strategy
Assessing and managing the vast variety of technologies (hardware and software) and their coordinated applications into an array and variety of needs, requires a strategic viewpoint on the part of the incumbent. The incumbent must ensure that the business, staff support and business units serviced are able to take full advantage of state-of-the-art technology and services to ensure cost effectiveness within business units. The incumbent must closely coordinate with ITS peers responsible for technology to ensure a current understanding of technology trends and how these trends shape ITS alternatives presented to the business units. Future cost trends as well as current costs impact the business unit and must be clearly understood.
1. Initiate and maintain a long-range enterprise systems plan consistent with business objectives. Plans should identify innovative opportunities utilizing both emerging and existing technologies to provide strategic and tactical advantages in planning, managing and conducting business.
2. Direct the analysis, development, implementation and support to deliver reporting and analytical insights for all countries in the appropriate market facing or enterprise manner. Provide the best cost/benefit performance of technologies and services by effectively organizing and utilizing department resources, and managing budgets and projects congruent with cost guidelines and Corporate Financial policies.
3. Establish methods and procedures for Master Data Governance and Management including tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement. Engage Global Process Owners to define master data and process health metrics, agree on targets, and create plans managing toward the targets. Build a new master data operations team responsible for delivering and supporting best practice data governance and management processes across the corporation.
4. Direct the justification, development, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise wide analytics platforms that contribute to the growth and profitability objectives of the business units. Be able to find the right mix of efficiency while balancing global, regional and local information needs.
5. Establish a state-of-the-art development team, capable of successful development and implementation of analytics for the businesses served. Continually improve the quality of team resources through career development planning and training. Provide leadership to ensure the organization attracts, develops and retains the best people and fosters an environment which motivates a diverse team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results. The incumbent must ensure that the corporation has leading edge capability in this area leveraging internal and external resources.
6. Establish and govern information life cycle management. Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata; take steps to assure metadata accuracy and validity. Conduct data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies, and other tasks. Create strategies and plans for data security, business continuity, and archiving. Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.
Deliver decision support capability for $21 billion in annual corporate activity.
2013 ITS Budget: $10 million
This role will have multiple Senior Manager level positions reporting into it that will, in turn, operate a global organization that will have global and local responsibilities across regions. Total headcount of the organization is expected to be in the 80+range plus the accountability for the performance of many more external service and software providers.
Key Internal Stakeholders:
• Executive level information delivery for the C-suite
• Regional and functional Presidents and Vice-Presidents
• CIO and Senior ITS Leadership Team
• Sector, country, operations, and service organizations of KC globally
• Enterprise Architecture team
Key External Stakeholders:
• Strategic executive leadership with key Enterprise Data Management delivery partners
• Senior leadership with Strategy and Research organizations
• Professional associations and speaking at major conferences
Preferred experience and Qualifications:
• Advanced degree in a related field or 15 years relevant experience.
• Global capability delivery experience
• World class knowledge of advanced analytic architecture, deployment, and support
• Demonstrated track record of success in delivering advanced analytics
• Experience leading large projects
• Experience leading large teams and leaders of teams
• A sought after thought leader knowledgeable in current and future business, technological and industry trends, with a broad network of relationships with other thought leaders.
• Ability to present publicly as a thought leader
• Proven experience in navigating complex organizations, creative problem solving, and rational experimentation
• At ease in establishing senior-level working relationships and communications
• Ability to deliver a clear yet compelling and realistic business case
• Ability to translate complex technical topics into easy to understand concepts
• Experience and knowledge developing strategic planning, leadership, and organization delivery for “Mater Data Management” and “big data” across a Global Enterprise.
• Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis and support of business intelligence initiatives.
• Hands-on experience with business intelligence design, tools, and reporting.
• Direct experience in implementing data management processes, procedures, data quality management, and decision support.
• Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes.
• Experience with database platforms, specifically MSSQL, SAP-BW, HANA, DB2, and Netezza.
• Working knowledge of data architecture industry trends e.g. Big Data, Hadoop, etc.
• Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, especially SAP data management.
• Hands-on knowledge of reporting and presentation tools including BOBJ, MSBI, SAP BW, MOBI, HTML5, Flash, SAS
• Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, ETL and EAI data mapping tools, middleware services, and data profiling tools.